The NoVOAD serves the localities of:
- Arlington County
- City of Alexandria
- City of Falls Church
- Fairfax City
- Fairfax County
- Loudoun County
- City of Manassas
- City of Manassas Park
- Prince William County
Objectives of the NoVA VOAD
- To make the delivery of disaster assistance as efficient and prompt as possible.
- To assist in the coordination of volunteer agencies with local, state and federal governments.
- To provide training, and to increase awareness and preparedness in all participating groups.
- To serve as a liaison, advocate and voice to improve services and support appropriate legislation.
- To coordinate the activities of various organizations active in providing needed assistance to disaster clients.
- To make the best use of the facilities, supplies, and equipment for bringing relief to disaster victims.To coordinate the distribution of materials so that overlapping and duplicating of services will be avoided.
- To create a climate of cooperation at the local level and to provide information about assistance.
About NoVA VOAD
The Northern Virginia VOAD meets on a regular basis to plan for and to educate the members about how they may serve their community during and after a disaster. The organization seeks to prevent the duplication of effort by coordinating the availability of needed services in disasters such as fires, hurricanes, tornadoes, flash floods and hazardous materials spills. Examples of their resources are: food or clothing distribution, search and rescue, temporary housing, childcare, talent bank and stress disorder counseling.
- Thurs 12 Mar 2020 – 10am-12pm – Quarterly Meeting – MPSTOC – 4890 Alliance Dr, Fairfax, VA 22030
Officers – Elections will take place 12 Mar 2020
- Caretaker: Tejas Patel, Volunteer Fairfax, Emergency Response Program Manager
- Board Chair/President: Steve Craven
- Vice Chair: Vacant
- Secretary: Vacant
- Treasurer: Vacant
- Past Chair: Vacant
- Members at Large: Vacant
Be sure to “Like” us on Facebook!
Below are our active member organizations: