The Region 1 (Richmond) Regional VOAD includes the localities of:
- Amelia County
- Brunswick County
- Charles City County
- Chesterfield County
- City of Colonial Heights
- Dinwiddie County
- City of Emporia
- Essex County
- Goochland County
- Greensville County
- Hanover County
- Henrico County
- City of Hopewell
- King & Queen County
- King William County
- New Kent County
- Nottoway County
- City of Petersburg
- Powhatan County
- Prince George County
- City of Richmond
- Sussex County
Objectives of the Region 1 (Richmond) Regional VOAD:
- To make the delivery of disaster assistance as efficient and prompt as possible.
- To assist in the coordination of volunteer agencies with local, state and federal governments.
- To provide training, and to increase awareness and preparedness in all participating groups.
- To serve as a liaison, advocate and voice to improve services and support appropriate legislation.
- To coordinate the activities of various organizations active in providing needed assistance to disaster clients.
- To make the best use of the facilities, supplies, and equipment for bringing relief to disaster victims.To coordinate the distribution of materials so that overlapping and duplicating of services will be avoided.
- To create a climate of cooperation at the local level and to provide information about assistance.
About the Region 1 (Richmond) Regional VOAD
The Region 1 (Richmond) Regional VOAD meets on a regular basis to plan for and to educate the members about how they may serve their community during and after a disaster. The organization seeks to prevent the duplication of effort by coordinating the availability of needed services in disasters such as fires, hurricanes, tornadoes, flash floods and hazardous materials spills. Examples of their resources are: food or clothing distribution, search and rescue, temporary housing, childcare, talent bank and stress disorder counseling.
Info coming soon!
Vice Chair: Vacant
Treasurer: Jay Rohrer, Mennonite Disaster Services
Past Chair: Paul Hundley
Members at Large: Beverly Brandt (City of Colonial Heights) and Sherri Laffoon (Chesterfield County)
Be sure to “Like” us on Facebook!
Download membership forms to apply for FREE VCA VOAD membership!
Here are just some of our active member organizations: