The VCA VOAD serves the localities of:
- New Kent
- Colonial Heights
Objectives of the VCAVOAD
- To make the delivery of disaster assistance as efficient and prompt as possible.
- To assist in the coordination of volunteer agencies with local, state and federal governments.
- To provide training, and to increase awareness and preparedness in all participating groups.
- To serve as a liaison, advocate and voice to improve services and support appropriate legislation.
- To coordinate the activities of various organizations active in providing needed assistance to disaster clients.
- To make the best use of the facilities, supplies, and equipment for bringing relief to disaster victims.To coordinate the distribution of materials so that overlapping and duplicating of services will be avoided.
- To create a climate of cooperation at the local level and to provide information about assistance.
The Virginia Capital Area VOAD meets on a regular basis to plan for and to educate the members about how they may serve their community during and after a disaster. The organization seeks to prevent the duplication of effort by coordinating the availability of needed services in disasters such as fires, hurricanes, tornadoes, flash floods and hazardous materials spills. Examples of their resources are: food or clothing distribution, search and rescue, temporary housing, childcare, talent bank and stress disorder counseling.
Spring Meeting: Tuesday, February
- 9:00 – 10:30 AM: Registration and Refreshments
Chair: Norm Gold, FeedMore
Vice Chair: Aaron Lee, Virginia Baptist Disaster Response
Treasurer: Jay Rohrer, Mennonite Disaster Services
Past Chair: Paul Hundley
Members at Large: Beverly Brandt (City of Colonial Heights) and Sherri Laffoon (Chesterfield County)
Be sure to “Like” us on Facebook!